When you think of mergers and acquisitions, you probably imagine a skyscraper boardroom full of people in suits going over piles of paperwork, right? People often think that acquisition is “only for the big guys,” but that’s simply untrue. For many small-to-medium sized businesses, acquisition can be a very efficient, effective way to grow.
If you’re ready to look into acquisition as a route to company growth, get ready–it’s quite a ride. But although it can seem overwhelming, acquisitions can engender explosive growth for your company.
At Ten Key, we’ve assisted clients through the acquisitions process, and we’ve also done it ourselves! We know what you’re facing, and we can help.
How We Can Help With an Acquisition:
- Develop your management team: Acquisition will take you outside your typical circles, requiring the help of a whole new set of professionals. It’s time to expand that financial team, with financial professionals who specialize in this area of the field.
- Help secure your business valuation. (Stay tuned–we’ve got a great company who will be providing us with info on that subject!)
- Set up the books and customize your accounting software for the new company.
- Work with your CPA to help you manage processes and costs that go with merging companies.
- Generate final tax returns if one of the merging companies is to be shut down (don’t be afraid of the idea of “shutting down” a company–it’s just a matter of weighing each entity’s financial health, assets, and corporate structure.)
- Assist with conducting due diligence to ensure that the company you’re looking to acquire is the right one for your situation and your goals.
Even if you’re not a huge company with a boardroom in a skyscraper, acquisition can help your company grow in ways you never expected. Sure, it’s a big step. But with the right fit, it can all be worthwhile. If this article has inspired you to consider acquisitions, or if you’ve been thinking about it all along, contact us today…we’ll help you through it!